You are here:
VCE education program
More than 5,000 VCE Legal Studies students and teachers participate in the Supreme Court's education program each year.
Students learn about the court and its processes, and have the opportunity to observe a trial in progress. And often a Supreme Court judge will come and speak to groups.
The program runs twice daily during the school term:
- Session 1 starts at 9.15am
- Session 2 starts at 1.15pm
There is a maximum number of 25 places available for each program.
On the day
Please arrive on time and meet at the entrance to the Court located at 485 Lonsdale Street. If you are running late, please let the Education Team know through one of the following contacts:
- Education Team office - 9603 6109
- Courts Engagement Officer - 0439 010 971 or 9603 9011
Everyone must follow certain standards of behaviour when visiting the Court. We’ve come up with some pointers around courtroom etiquette that may help.
Resources for teachers and students
General information about the Court
The brochures below were produced by the Victoria Law Foundation (External link) in partnership with the Supreme Court.
- Supreme Court of Victoria - The Highest Court in Victoria (External link)
- Architecture of the Supreme Court (External link)