You are here:
Judicial review and appeals
The Judicial Review and Appeals List covers proceedings relating to the judicial review of or statutory appeal from the conduct or decisions of lower courts, tribunals and other external persons or bodies.
Proceedings which should be initiated in the Judicial Review and Appeals List include:
- Judicial review applications;
- Appeals from an order of the Magistrates’ Court on a question of law;
- Appeals from an order of the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) on a question of law;
- Appeals from an order of the Children’s Court on a question of law;
- Referrals for determination of a question of law under the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006.
Inclusion in the Judicial Review and Appeals List is not appropriate for proceedings which fall within another specialist case management list of the Court.
Judges in Charge
The Honourable Justice Cavanough
The Honourable Justice Ginnane
Management of Cases
Practice Note SC CL 9 provides detailed guidance on how Judicial Review and Appeals List proceedings are managed by the Court.
Communications, including enquiries about directions and interlocutory applications, should be directed to email@example.com