You are here:
Technology, Engineering and Construction (TEC) List
The Technology, Engineering and Construction (TEC) List draws together the three strands of related disputes in the areas of technology, engineering and construction.
The objective of the TEC List is to provide for the just and efficient determination of TEC cases, by the early identification of the substantial questions in controversy and the flexible adoption of appropriate and timely procedures for the future conduct of the proceeding.
Judge in Charge
The Honourable Justice Vickery (Judge in Charge until 28 February 2017, thereafter TEC List judge)
The Honourable Justice Digby (Judge in Charge from 1 March 2017)
TEC List Coordinator
Mr Rami Marginean
2017 TEC Directions dates
The following dates are set aside for directions in the TEC List:
- Friday 10 February 2017
- Friday 10 March 2017
- Friday 31 March 2017
- Friday 12 May 2017
- Friday 16 June 2017
- Friday 21 July 2017
- Friday 25 August 2017
- Friday 22 September 2017
- Friday 20 October 2017
- Friday 17 November 2017
- Friday 8 December 2017
The following documents provide further guidance on TEC List proceedings:
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
The TEC List has, from time to time, published SOPs. There have also been recent discussions with the TEC List User Group about the proposed introduction of new SOPs. As part of a Court-wide project to consolidate and re-issue practice documents, the subject matter of existing SOPs and previously proposed SOPs has been incorporated into the Supreme Court's re-issued Practice Notes as follows:
Appointment of Mediators, Referees and Assessors
- Practice Note SC CC 1 Commercial Court: paragraphs 13.1 - 13.4 (provisions relating to mediation, with a standard order for a mediation Schedule 4); 13.5 (practitioners to identify questions for a reference to a special referee or court appointed expert); 13.6 (standard order for a reference Schedule 5); 13.7 (standard order for appointment of a Court appointed expert under s. 65M Civil Procedure Act 2010, Schedule 6); 13.8 (provision for appointment of an assessor under s. 77 Supreme Court Act 1986).
Procedure for Entry of Judgments and Issue of Debt Certificates pursuant to the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 2002 (Vic)
- Practice Note SC CC 1 Commercial Court: paragraphs 9.1 - 9.4; and
- Practice Note SC GEN 5 Guidelines for the Use of Technology: paragraphs 8.1 - 8.6; and 8.10 - 8.13.
Production by Electronic Transfer of Documents
- Practice Note SC GEN 5 Guidelines for the Use of Technology: paragraphs 8.10 - 8.13.
Technology Assisted Review
- Practice Note SC GEN 5 Guidelines for the Use of Technology: paragraphs 8.7 - 8.9.
References to Special Referees or Court Appointed Experts
- Practice Note SC CC 1 Commercial Court: paragraphs 13.5 (practitioners to identify questions for a reference to a special referee or court appointed expert); 13.6 (standard orders for a reference Schedule 5).
- Practice Note SC GEN 5 Guidelines for the Use of Technology: paragraphs 8.2 (sixth bullet point); 8.3 (third bullet point).
Vienna Convention on International Sale of Goods (CISG)
- Practice Note SC CC 1 Commercial Court: paragraph 10.8.8