Personal Injuries List
This List is managed by the Judges-in-Charge with the assistance of the Associate Judges.
The following types of proceedings in the Trial Division of the Court issued out of the Melbourne Registry will be included in the List:
- Personal injury claims in which a serious injury certificate has been granted under the Transport Accident Act 1986 (“the TAA”) by the Transport Accident Commission (“TAC”).
- Personal injury claims in which a serious injury certificate has been granted under the Accident Compensation Act 1985 (“the ACA”) by the Victorian Work Cover Authority (“VWA”).
- Personal injury claims in which a court has given leave to commence proceedings under the TAA or the ACA.
- Proceedings brought by TAC under s. 104 of the TAA.
- Proceedings brought by VWA under s. 138 of the ACA.
- Proceedings in which plaintiffs allege that they are suffering from a terminal disease.
The Honourable Justice Williams
The Honourable Justice Kaye
The Honourable Justice J Forrest
The Honourable Justice Beach
The Honourable Associate Justice Daly
Associate to Justice Williams
Tel: 9603 6249
Associate to Justice Kaye
Tel: 9603 7206
Associate to Justice J Forrest
Tel: 9603 6366
Associate to Justice Beach
Associate to Associate Justice Daly
Tel: 9603 9054
Please refer to Court Fees. There is no separate fee for including a proceeding in the List.
Where Matters are Heard
Please check the daily list (published on this website) for courtroom location.
Where Process is Issued
Principal Registry, Level 2, 436 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000
If necessary, general procedural advice can be obtained from the Principal Registry.
Relevant Practice Notes and Guides
Practice Note No 5 of 2008 – Personal Injuries List
Practice Note No 3 of 2002 – Transcript in Civil Proceedings
Practice Note No 4 of 1999 – Supreme Court Divisional List
Supreme Court of Victoria - Registry
Level 2, 436 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Tel: 03 9603 9300
Fax: 03 9603 9400
Office hours: 9.30am - 4.00pm