Valuation, Compensation and Planning List
The List includes proceedings, which arose:
- Relating to valuation of land under the Valuation of Land Act 1960
- Relating to compensation for resumption of land under the Land Acquisition and Compensation Act 1986
- By way of appeal (including the application for leave to appeal) or by way of referral on a question of law from the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
The Honourable Justice Emerton
Associate to Justice Emerton
Tel: 9603 6275 Fax: 9670 8408
Please refer to Court Fees
Directions Dates and Times
Direction hearings are usually held at 10.30am unless otherwise directed.
Directions days will be held on the last Friday of every month.
If directions are required urgently at any other time, application to obtain a special date may be made to the Associate.
Where Matters are Heard
210 William Street , Melbourne, Victoria, 3000
Where Process is Issued
Principal Registry, Level 2, 436 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000
If necessary, general procedural advice can be obtained from the Registry.
- File search enquiries
- Fee enquiries
- Document enquiries
Obtaining special date for an urgent application
Deadlines for Filing
Where the matter is an application for leave to appeal from a VCAT decision, the applicant is to file the outline of submission, list of authorities and exhibits at least two clear days before the application is to be heard. The respondent is to file the outline of submission and list of authorities at least one clear day before the hearing.
These documents are to be filed with the Associate.
Relevant Practice Notes and Guides
- Chapter II Order 8 Civil Procedure Victoria
- Announcement - new procedures for planning cases 3 February 1997
- Practice Note No. 6 of 2006 - Valuation, Compensation & Planning List
- Practice Note No. 4 of 1999 - Supreme Court Divisional List
- Practice Note No. 3 of 2002 - Transcripts
Valuation Compensation and Planning List
Registry Contact: File Movements Clerk address
tel: 03 9603 9307
Fax: 03 9603 9400
Office hours: 9.30am - 4.30pm