The Supreme Court maintains a register of expressions of interest to work as an associate with judges and associate judges. Details may be submitted, updated, resubmitted or removed from the register upon request.
If you would like to be considered for more than one role (i.e. Junior Associate or Senior Associate), only one application is necessary. However, you should indicate in your covering letter the title of the role/s you are interested in.
To submit an expression of interest you should:
- download and read the relevant position description/s
- prepare a covering letter in response to the position description/s which includes:
- the title of the role/s you are expressing interest in
- an approximate time frame of when you would be available to commence a position and remain at the Court in the role, and
- an indication of whether you prefer to work in a particular jurisdiction or with a particular judge, so your expression of interest can be appropriately directed
- prepare a resume (including academic transcripts)
- email these documents to the Judicial Services Manager
The following format is preferred:
- as a PDF or Word document
- a file name structure of [First Name] [Surname] [document type, CL/CV/AT].pdf (for example, if submitting an Academic Transcript the file name might be 'Owen Dixon AT.pdf')
- subject line 'Expression of Interest ' Associate - [First Name] [Surname]'.
For any queries, please contact the Judicial Services Manager by email or telephone on 9603 7151.