Steven Elliot Williams brought a class action on behalf of persons who suffered injury, damage or loss as a result of the Mickleham-Kilmore bushfire on 9 February 2014.
The parties agreed to a settlement of the class action. The settlement was approved by the Honourable Justice Emerton by orders dated 28 August 2017.
This is a list of current pleadings:
- Amended Writ filed 15 January 2015
- Defence and Counterclaim of First Defendant filed 15 December 2014
- Reply and Defence to Counterclaim filed 15 January 2015
- Defence of Second Defendant filed 23 March 2015
- Defence of Third Defendant to Counterclaim filed 30 March 2015
- Fourth Amended Statement of Claim filed 23 February 2016
Reasons for judgment
These are the reasons for judgment:
- Reasons of the Hon. Justice Emerton dated 28 August 2017
- Ruling of the Hon. Associate Justice Wood dated 4 September 2017
Notice of Settlement
The Notice of Settlement can be accessed via the following link:
This matter has no current listings.
The Supreme Court daily list should be referred to from 4pm the day prior to any hearings to confirm hearing times and courtroom venues.