New regulations covering most civil court fees for the Supreme Court of Victoria commenced on 30 September 2018.
Matters heard at the Supreme Court are categorised by area of specialty.
Once a matter is filed for commencement in the Supreme Court it will be put into a list with other cases that deal with a similar subject area. The Court has a number of 'specialist lists' that deal with specialist areas of the law. These lists are managed by judicial officers with expertise in that particular area.
The specialist lists are as follows:
- Civil circuit
- Confiscation and proceeds of crime
- Dust diseases
- Employment and industrial
- Intellectual property
- Judicial review and appeals
- Major torts
- Personal injuries
- Professional liability
- Technology, engineering and construction
- Testators family maintenance
- Trusts, equity and probate
- Valuation, compensation and planning