The parties to the Bonsoy class action agreed to settle in November 2014.
The application for the Court's approval of the Bonsoy class action settlement was heard before Justice J Forrest on 25 February 2015. On 7 May 2015, his Honour approved the settlement. At a case management conference on 16 December 2017, his Honour made orders for initial distribution from the Settlement Distribution Fund to group members.
Order and reasons for judgment
These are the orders and reasons for judgment:
- Orders of Justice J Forrest made on 8 May 2015
- Reasons of Justice J Forrest for judgment given on 7 May 2015
The Settlement Scheme
The settlement scheme, which sets out in detail the process for assessing individual claims and the manner in which the settlement sum will be distributed, can be accessed via the following link:
Court supervision of the settlement distribution process
Since the terms of the settlement were approved, the Court has held case management conferences to supervise the settlement distribution process.
Below are the most recent orders the Court has made in the course of the supervision process.
- Orders of Justice J Forrest made 16 December 2016
- Ruling of Justice J Forrest published 8 November 2016
- Orders of Justice J Forrest made 4 November 2016
- Affidavit of Ms Irina Lubomirska dated 2 November 2016
- Orders of Associate Justice Daly made 5 August 2016
- Orders of Justice J Forrest made 27 July 2016
- Ruling of Justice J Forrest published 21 July 2016
- Orders of Justice J Forrest and Associate Justice Daly made 22 June 2016
- Affidavit of Ms Irina Lubomirska dated 20 June 2016
- Special referee's report of Mr John David White dated 10 November 2016
- Transcript of Case Management Conference on 16 December 2016
- Ruling of Justice J Forrest published 24 January 2017
This matter, Downie v Spiral Foods Pty Ltd, S CI 2010 5318, has been listed for a Case Management Conference before Justice John Dixon on 18 September 2018 at 9.30am.