On 30 September 2019, changes affecting Court of Appeal proceedings will commence.
On 30 September 2019 changes to electronic filing, the civil appeal period and other matters affecting Court of Appeal proceedings will commence.
- a longer civil appeal period of 42 days for most types of appeals
- the introduction of electronic filing using the Supreme Court’s RedCrest portal. This will apply to documents in all new and existing civil and criminal proceedings, subject to some exceptions (such as civil application books and combined folders of authorities)
- updated Court Rules, Court of Appeal Practice Notes and Registrar ’s Notes.
Practitioners are encouraged to register in RedCrest and familiarise themselves with the following, prior to 30 September 2019:
- Supreme Court (Court of Appeal eFiling and Other Amendments) Rules 2019
- updated Court of Appeal Practice Notes SC CA 1, SC CA 2 and SC CA 3
- updated general Practice Note SC Gen 19
- updated Court of Appeal notice to profession regarding applications for extension of time under rule 64.08
Further information regarding RedCrest is available at the portal: www.RedCrest.com.au
Updated Registrar’s Notes will be available soon.
Please contact the Court of Appeal Registry on 03 8600 2001 if you have any queries.