New regulations covering most civil court fees for the Supreme Court of Victoria commenced on 30 September 2018.
Our registries are responsible for the Court's administration.
They can provide information on the filing of documents, pre-trial conferences, video links of proceedings, fee payment, and general procedural advice.
The Supreme Court Principal Registry performs a range of administrative functions and services including:
- accepting documents for filing in RedCrest, the Court's electronic filing system
- preparing and circulating Court orders
- maintaining the secure storage of Court files
- issuing subpoenas
- serving legal documents overseas
- providing copies of documents
- providing procedural advice on urgent matters
- collecting court fees
Registry staff cannot give you legal advice. They can help with general information about the Court; its rules, procedures and processes.
If you need advice about commencing, defending or appealing a legal action we have some information on representing yourself.
For more information contact the Supreme Court registry.
Commercial Court registry
This registry deals with administrative matters relating to judge-managed Commercial Court proceedings and with urgent Commercial Court matters.
Court of Appeal registry
This registry deals with Court of Appeal matters.