Proceedings in the Supreme Court relating to the parties AB, CD & EF have concluded. Due to the public interest the Court has made documents contained within the court files for these matters available via the web portal, below.
The parties and other participants in the proceedings are:
- AB - Chief Commissioner of Victoria Police
- CD - Victorian Director of Public Prosecutions
- EF - Former barrister , Nicola Gobbo
- CDPP - Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions, participating as an intervener
- VEOHRC - Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission, participating as an intervener
- Amici curiae - Lawyers who are independent of the parties and appointed to assist the court
In the Trial Division, the Chief Commissioner and Ms Gobbo sought to restrain the Victorian Director of Public Prosecutions from disclosing material to certain people in relation to their criminal convictions. Those applications were dismissed by the Court on 19 June 2017 (AB & EF v CD  VSC 350 and EF v CD  VSC 351).
On appeal , the Court of Appeal upheld the Trial Division decision on 21 November 2017 (AB v CD & EF  VSCA 338).
The Court of Appeal has ordered that some documents be made available only in a redacted form. Accordingly, the Court is providing access to documents on its files on the condition that they are not altered.
Access to these documents is only possible via the portal, with a username and password. To request access to the web portal, email firstname.lastname@example.org@stseuqerhcraes . Please include your name, and the name of your organisation (if applicable), in the request. This inbox is monitored Monday to Friday during business hours.