SEARCHING RECORDS HELD AT THE PROBATE OFFICE
Applications for grants of representation filed with the Court on, or after, 1 January 2017, are stored at the Supreme Court of Victoria Probate Office. Fees apply to search a file.
The Court is introducing a suite of changes to its processes and procedures in response to the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic. New processes for searching files held at the Probate Office are detailed below.
Please note that searches of Probate Office files are currently limited to the following circumstances:
- If the search relates to an existing or proposed proceeding under Part IV of the Administration and Probate Act 1958.
- If the search relates to a current Supreme Court proceeding.
- If other urgent reasons exist (details will need to be provided and will be assessed on a case by case basis).
How to search probate records held at the Probate Office:
- Check for the existence of a probate record on the Application, Caveats and Wills Indices. If the status of an application shows 'application granted' then the file may be searched.
- Complete a request to search form.
- Complete a credit card authorisation form.
- Email the completed request to search form and completed credit card authorisation form to email@example.com@etaborp .
- If approved, the documents requested will be sent to you by return email
SEARCHING RECORDS HELD AT THE PUBLIC RECORDS OFFICE VICTORIA
Applications for grants of representation filed with the Court prior to 1 January 2017 are held at the Public Records Office Victoria. Please note, the Public Records Office Victoria is temporarily closed to the public. Please visit their website for details.