The Supreme Court hears many different types of civil proceedings.
Usually, the matters heard are complex or involve large amounts of money. Sometimes the matter is heard in the Supreme Court because the law requires it.
Read our guide if you want to defend a civil proceeding in the Supreme Court and do not have a lawyer.
The guide has information on:
- what types of civil proceedings the Supreme Court hears
- what it means to represent yourself in a Court proceeding
- Court fees that apply
- stages in the process and what you need to do at each stage
- forms you need to complete
- documents you need to provide
- where to get more information and support.