A class action on behalf of persons for losses to businesses resulting from the cancellation of the pink batts home insulation program of 2009.
The claim is against the Commonwealth of Australia.
Group member registration notice and Opt out notice
The class deadline for group members to register or opt out of the group proceeding closed at 4pm AEST, Friday 25 August 2017.
The Group member registration notice and opt out notice can be accessed via this link:
Applications out of time may require leave of the court.
This is a list of current pleadings:
- Writ filed 30 June 2015
- Amended Writ filed 10 June 2016
- Further amended statement of claim filed 9 March 2017
- Defence to the further amended statement of claim filed 4 May 2017
- Reply filed 25 May 2017
- Second further amended statement of claim November 2017
- Defence to the second further amended statement of claim dated 6 December 2017
The trial in Roo Roofing Pty Ltd v Commonwealth of Australia S CI 2015 03382 was heard before Justice John Dixon and finished on 28 June 2018.