A class action on behalf of persons for losses to businesses resulting from the cancellation of the pink batts home insulation program of 2009.
The claim is against the Commonwealth of Australia.
Group member registration notice and Opt out notice
The class deadline for group members to register or opt out of the group proceeding closed at 4pm AEST, Friday 25 August 2017.
The Group member registration notice and opt out notice can be accessed via this link:
Applications out of time may require leave of the court.
This is a list of current pleadings:
- Writ filed 30 June 2015
- Amended Writ filed 10 June 2016
- Further amended statement of claim filed 9 March 2017
- Defence to the further amended statement of claim filed 4 May 2017
- Reply filed 25 May 2017
- Second further amended statement of claim November 2017
- Defence to the second further amended statement of claim dated 6 December 2017
This matter, Roo Roofing Pty Ltd v Commonwealth of Australia, S CI 2015 03382, is in trial before Justice John Dixon on 23 April 2018 at 10.30am and is scheduled for 6 weeks.
The proceeding did not resolve at mediation held before Associate Justice Efthim on 28 March 2018.
The Supreme Court Daily List should be referred to from 4pm the day prior to confirm hearing times and courtroom venues.